Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My baby is turning 1, you say?

Photos by Mrs. F

I still can't believe I am telling people, "she will be one next week", when they ask how old she is.


There just aren't words to describe my shock in how quickly this year went. Denial is the way I've been dealing with it.

But you know that.

Lately, the past 4 days, I have been planning Claire's first birthday party. Those of you that know me, know that I am a procrastinator in every sense of the word. Hell, I am the epitome of Procrastination.

So, me having Claire's party planned more than a week in advance?  Unheard of.

 And the fact that I've been CRAFTING?? History itself has been made!

totally made this cupcake stand.

I am no party planner. Let's face it, I'm no planner. Period. 

I've had ideas. I've had lots of thoughts. But had I planned anything prior to last Thursday? Hell no.

Her party is in a week & a half.

I have the invites done (I said done. not mailed), the decor done(ish), and the desserts planned. 

"decor"


My sister is baking. My mom is cooking. & me? I'll supply the drinks. Wine/beer/mimosas, anyone?

Cheers!


15 comments:

  1. Love the cake stand! Beautiful pictures. The party will be great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow time flies! I love her in the yellow romper - such a cute theme. You'll have to share how you made that cake stand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe sweet baby Claire is turning 1 ! I can't wait to see photos of the party. It's going to be great ! Don't forget to sit back and ENJOY it !!

    Bisous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing brings out your inner crafter like your FIRST baby's FIRST birthday :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww it looks like it's going to be a very cute party! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the cakestand on Twitter last night! It turned out great!! Love the pictures with the balloons, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe Claire is almost one - or that Kate is one! This year has gone by way too fast! Can't wait to see how the party turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see all her party pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute for words. TOO cute. Cant wait to see all the pics from her big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures and the invite. Looks like its going to be a perfect party. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot believe she is going to be one! Time needs to slow down! LOVE her one year pictures by the way.....sooo sweet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy! I can't wait to see the pictures from the party! Claire and my Lilah share the same birthday, but we celebrated L's 2nd bday a little early this year due to schedule conflicts.
    I've already decided that I'm doing a "Sunshine and Lemonade" party for my younger daughter's 1st bday! It looks like you may be headed on the same track for Claire's bday?! I'm so excited to get some fun ideas from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excited to see how you interpret the sunshine theme ;)

    ReplyDelete