You guys asked some really good questions & had me thinking really hard. I got a lot more than I thought I would, so thanks!
1.How many kids would you ideally (sp?) like to have? and if it's more than 1 when do you think you will plan for #2?
Before we had kids, we had in our minds that we would like 2 or 3. Now that we have a child, we aren't sure if we want any more. HA! No, but seriously; with her being only 4 months old, it is so hard to imagine having more than one. I think we will probably have one more if God has it in His plan. Ideally, 2 or 3 years from now. I really don't want 2 kids in diapers. But, whatever happens, happens I suppose.
Claire Lula is named after this beautiful lady:
1. What does your engagement/wedding ring look like?
My engagement ring is on the top & wedding band on the bottom. They are sautered together. It's nothing too over the top or extravagant. I love it.
2. How old are you and your husband?
2. What is your most favorite Christmas tradition or best thing about Christmas?
Obviously, before I had Claire, I was selfish & my favorite part was about the gifts. Now? The precious time with family & loved ones is priceless to me. My favorite tradition is that we open new jammies on Christmas Eve. Hubbs & I both did this when we lived at home & we've carried it on to our family. So fun.
3. What would your dream house include that wouldn't be in any other house? hmm..this is a tough one. Probably heated tile. We have tile in our house and in the winter, it is FREEZING!
4. Do you have a lucky number? Not necessarily. But my favorite number is 8. We got married on 08-08-08 & in China, the number 8 represents eternity & luck. I love it
5. What is your favorite color? RED!
6. What would your dream job be? To be a full time SAHM. Corny, but true. Before having Claire, I told myself I could never handle being a stay at home mom. But while on maternity leave, I was proven very wrong. I wanted nothing more than to be with my girl all day long. Relishing in every moment with her. I hope that one day, my dream will come true & I will get to do that all day, every day!
7. What is your favorite flower? Gerber Daisy. I LOVE all of the different colors they come in. We had them in our wedding :)
8. What is your favorite type of music? Hip/Hop & Rap. HA! I'm secretly really ghetto ;)
9. What is your biggest pet pev? I am a very angry driver. So a lot of my pet peeves stem from that. Like when you're driving & someone pulls out in front of you & starts going really slow. HATE THAT! I've become a lot more patient since I have Claire in the car, though!
10. How big is your family that you came from? There are 5 total in my family. I'm the oldest of three. My sister is 19 & my brother is 15
Rachel & John asked:
What is the best part of your day? On days that I'm home with Claire, my favorite part is the morning when she wakes up for the day. I hear whining on the monitor & go in her room, peak in her crib & she gives me this ginormous smile like I'm her favorite person in the world. BEST. FEELING. EVER.
And how many kids would you like total? See above :)
And Honestly...how painful was labor? Labor was incredibly painful. I must have a high tolerance for pain medication or if I just have no tolerance for pain. I had to have the anesthesiologist come in & up my epidural strength 3 times. I felt every contraction to it's MAX. No fun. & then, when my doctor finally decided I was going to have a c-section, the numbing medication didn't numb my left side at all, & I could feel EVERYTHING. So, they put me to sleep. What a great way to remember the birth of my daughter... hopefully this didn't scare you too much :) my situation was very rare, according to my doctor!
2) What is the scariest thing you have ever done? This is a tough one, considering I am so not a risk taker. Probably the scariest/riskiest thing I've done thus far, is have a baby. Like, the actual labor. It was so intense & a series of traumatic events.
3) Did you play any sports in high school? Me? Sports? HA! Anyone who knows me, knows I am the most uncoordinated person when it comes to sports. Or anything active for that matter! I was on the cheer team freshman & sophomore year. Junior & Senior year I was on drill team.