Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 10, 2011

ANSWERS Part I

Here are the answers I said I would post on Friday, which really means Monday :)

You guys asked some really good questions & had me thinking really hard. I got a lot more than I thought I would, so thanks!
I am going to answer the first few now, & will answer the second half later this week!
Erica asked:
1.How many kids would you ideally (sp?) like to have? and if it's more than 1 when do you think you will plan for #2?
Before we had kids, we had in our minds that we would like 2 or 3. Now that we have a child, we aren't sure if we want any more. HA! No, but seriously; with her being only 4 months old, it is so hard to imagine having more than one. I think we will probably have one more if God has it in His plan. Ideally, 2 or 3 years from now. I really don't want 2 kids in diapers. But, whatever happens, happens I suppose.

2. How did you come up with your princesses middle name as its a very unique name ??
Claire Lula is named after this beautiful lady:

My husband's great-grandmother, Lula Davis. She is 92 years old & spry as ever. It is truly an honor to have my daughter named after her, let alone for Claire to meet her. That doesn't happen everyday.

Mrs. S. asked:
1. What does your engagement/wedding ring look like?
My engagement ring is on the top & wedding band on the bottom. They are sautered together. It's nothing too over the top or extravagant. I love it.

2. How old are you and your husband?
My husband is 23 & I will be 23...tomorrow! Yes, we are young.

Matt & Vanessa asked (lots of questions :)):
1. Where is the furthest place you have travelled? Jamaica for our Honeymoon!


2. What is your most favorite Christmas tradition or best thing about Christmas?

Obviously, before I had Claire, I was selfish & my favorite part was about the gifts. Now? The precious time with family & loved ones is priceless to me. My favorite tradition is that we open new jammies on Christmas Eve. Hubbs & I both did this when we lived at home & we've carried it on to our family. So fun.

3. What would your dream house include that wouldn't be in any other house? hmm..this is a tough one. Probably heated tile. We have tile in our house and in the winter, it is FREEZING!

4. Do you have a lucky number? Not necessarily. But my favorite number is 8. We got married on 08-08-08 & in China, the number 8 represents eternity & luck. I love it

5. What is your favorite color? RED!
6. What would your dream job be?
To be a full time SAHM. Corny, but true. Before having Claire, I told myself I could never handle being a stay at home mom. But while on maternity leave, I was proven very wrong. I wanted nothing more than to be with my girl all day long. Relishing in every moment with her. I hope that one day, my dream will come true & I will get to do that all day, every day!
7. What is your favorite flower?
Gerber Daisy. I LOVE all of the different colors they come in. We had them in our wedding :)
8. What is your favorite type of music? Hip/Hop & Rap. HA! I'm secretly really ghetto ;)
9. What is your biggest pet pev?
I am a very angry driver. So a lot of my pet peeves stem from that. Like when you're driving & someone pulls out in front of you & starts going really slow. HATE THAT! I've become a lot more patient since I have Claire in the car, though!
10. How big is your family that you came from? There are 5 total in my family. I'm the oldest of three. My sister is 19 & my brother is 15


Rachel & John asked:

What is the best part of your day? On days that I'm home with Claire, my favorite part is the morning when she wakes up for the day. I hear whining on the monitor & go in her room, peak in her crib & she gives me this ginormous smile like I'm her favorite person in the world. BEST. FEELING. EVER.
And how many kids would you like total? See above :)
And Honestly...how painful was labor? Labor was incredibly painful. I must have a high tolerance for pain medication or if I just have no tolerance for pain. I had to have the anesthesiologist come in & up my epidural strength 3 times. I felt every contraction to it's MAX. No fun. & then, when my doctor finally decided I was going to have a c-section, the numbing medication didn't numb my left side at all, & I could feel EVERYTHING. So, they put me to sleep. What a great way to remember the birth of my daughter... hopefully this didn't scare you too much :) my situation was very rare, according to my doctor!

Desi asked:
1. Did you attend university? No I didn't. I attended a local community college & got my 2 year degree. I would eventually love to go back & get my Bachelors in communications
2. What would your dream job be? see above :)
3. When did you meet mrs. F.? We met in high school. I was 15 & she was 16. We were both on the cheer team. We've been best friends ever since!

{were, & still are dorks!}

Matteson asked:
1) Where are your favorite places to shop? Target, Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack, Carter's & Old Navy. All places that I can actually afford. Ha. Before I was married & blew my money on whatever I wanted, my favorite place to shop was Nordstrom. By far.
2) What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
This is a tough one, considering I am so not a risk taker. Probably the scariest/riskiest thing I've done thus far, is have a baby. Like, the actual labor. It was so intense & a series of traumatic events.

3) Did you play any sports in high school? Me? Sports? HA! Anyone who knows me, knows I am the most uncoordinated person when it comes to sports. Or anything active for that matter! I was on the cheer team freshman & sophomore year. Junior & Senior year I was on drill team.

Lee, Bren & Hai asked:
Favorite TV show(s)? I am the epitome of a reality T.V. junkie. I LOVE reality T.V. crap. 16 & Pregnant, Teen Mom, Kendra, Keeping up With the Kardashians, oh & of course Dr. Phil and Oprah for talk shows.
Favorite person (other than hubs and kiddo) to be around? Probably my mom. I never get tired of her company. She's an absolutely amazing person. Love her.
This is an old picture, but one of my fave's of us.
At my bridal shower in '08


Check back later this week for the rest of the answers! & thanks again for all of the great questions!

12 comments:

  1. Loved this! Got to know a lot more about you. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions! Beautiful ring and your not young! I turned 24 the day I had my LO (that's right, we share a birthday)! Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your answers! It is fun to learn things about fellow bloggers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I can't wait for the rest of them. I really enjoyed reading these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool ......My great grandma is still alive and just turned 94 so my daughter has a great great grandma also ! we are very lucky to get to have that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your answers! They are so much fun to read.

    Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love these, We have so much in common I swear we should totally be living in the same town. :)
    Clair is getting bigger each time you post pictures. What a doll baby she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was fun! Haha I love that old cheer camp pic of us... good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! I'm so glad I'm not the only reality TV junkie! But I am trying to cut back now. :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for answering my questions! You answered all your questions really great!

    ReplyDelete