Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today was one of *those* days.

You know, the kind where everything shitty happens in a matter of hours?


If you follow me on Twitter, you probably already know how my day has gone. 


I woke up in a great mood. I have Wednesdays off, so I was excited to spend it with Claire Lu. And then, I remembered I committed to work from home from 2-5. ugh. There goes my good mood.


After dropping the doggie off at the groomer's & listening to Claire whine the entire way, I thought it would be nice to drown my feelings in a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit from Mickey Dee's (don't judge). 'Twas delicious if you must know. 


We get home, I feed the babe & pump & she protests her nap. Figures, since she's been napping amazing all week & the one day I need her on a decent schedule, she refuses. 


Noon thirty rolls around & I realize I should probably go to the grocery store, since all we have in the house is some moldy cheese & chinese leftovers from Friday. So, I pack up the whiney babe & make my way to the grocery store. 


I pull into the grocery store parking lot. Claire is screaming. I decide it's not worth it trying to take her in there all upset. So, I opt to drive thru Mickey D's instead. Again. 


Go pick up the pup from groomers, only to find she has been sitting in the kennel, in her own feces for God knows how long. I'm shocked, pissed & upset {& so is the dog}. Worst $80 I've ever spent. I mean, she looks adorable, but she smells like poop & who knows how horribly they treated her. I guess I should have gotten the hint when I called to make an appointment yesterday & got her in today!
{note to self. report to BBB}.


I Get home. Feed babe. Pump. Attempt to put her down for nap. FAIL. 


1:30pm: Put babe in jumperoo, turn on Playhouse Disney (again, don't judge. OK. Judge if you want. I don't care). 


1:45-5pm: Pure Chaos. 


Now? Claire is in bed after crying for 3 hours straight from being overly tired & I am on my second glass of wine. Cheers.


ETA: Sorry this post is spaced so weird. I'm not technologically advanced enough to figure out why, but it's sort of obnoxious. 

21 comments:

  1. You deserve at LEAST three glasses!! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have a nice glass of vino right now! So sorry you had such a blah day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I've had day(S) like that! When my LO won't nap that throws off my entire day and then I need a nap...or a glass of wine or two! Hoping tomorrow is a better day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have TOTALLY had one too many of those days... I don't think any mom with a human child would judge! And bacon, egg & cheese biscuit? Dear God, Laur... now I won't be able to get that out of my head until I pick one up for myself tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are quite the fan of clubhouse Disney here and Dora, and Go Diego go. Sometimes it's the ONLY thing that will keep him calm for 25 minutes while I eat lunch. & seriously, report kennel to BBB. DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are HUGE Playhouse Disney fans! In fact, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on as I type! He even got Dance Star Mickey for Christmas! Yup, we LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No judgment from me! :) I've had many of those days and Playhouse Disney is a faithful friend of mine, too. Hope today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ! Poor thing ! I hope today is better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate off days like that. I am glad McD's could help a little, we all have our vices! Poor Pup and poor Momma, hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh...been there, Lady :(
    Hope today is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sucks, I think every mom on the planet has had one of those days!! I'm sure you're glad it's over!
    My baby k'tan worked great for trips to the grocery store, I would face her out so she could look at everything and everyone. Even if she was in a pissy mood before we got to the store she would be great in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes what a crap day (minus all the yummie mc donald snacks :)
    I hope today is a better day than yesterday was for you. I had a day like that Sunday. I feel your pain, its no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone who would judge you for doing what you have to to get a little work done deserves to be ignored (at minimum). Good luck with the rest of the week. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been there- no judging here! :) Hang in there. Hope today is going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dude, I could have totally written this today, obviously with different stuff, but it really all went to shit in a few hours...hang in there!

    p.s., I gave you an award at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have a right to vent and if anyone judges you I will.. well I have no internet powers but I will shake my fist at them! Ugh! Sorry you had one of those days! Poor puppy! I checked with my local veterinarian because they actually have a vet tech in their office that grooms on the side for only $30 and she does a great job! So you might try checking into that! Either way- put your feet up- you totally deserve it girl! Much love!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh. Sorry you had such a rough night. Hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely won't ever judge moms for turning on the TV for a little bit if it means some moments of sanity and no screaming! So sorry you had a bad day! :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. so sorry you had a rough day! Hope this is a good week for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there! I am a new reader! I am also married to my High School Sweetheart and we're currently expecting our first child. I hope your day gets better! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, everyone! Glad to know I'm not alone!!

    & Jenny, how awesome that you also married your H.S. sweetie! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete