Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

23 Weeks

I had an "OMG" moment yesterday when I realized that our baby girl is going to be here in about 3 1/2 months!! I seriously can't even believe it.

We bought the bedding yesterday!! And will be here next
week. Like it??


This past week has been...weird. I feel dizzy a lot & just off kilter oh & I didn't sleep for 3 nights in a row. I know it's normal, but it's still no fun. I've also started getting the dreaded Braxton Hicks contractions this past weekend. That was pretty scary considering I didn't really know what to expect. From what I've found out, it's normal to be getting them at this stage as long as they aren't regular or painful. So, I've just been drinking tons of water & taking it easy-but I still get them. CLAIRE, STOP THIS NON-SENSE.

One more quick thing, something that I noticed that bothers me, is when people treat pregnant women like they're disabled. I'm pregnant, not paralyzed. It bugs me really bad. For instance, when I was at the grocery store this past weekend, the cashier acted appalled when I was lifting the Gatorade bottles from the counter into my cart. "Oh my gosh, be careful. I can do that for you." She said. Uh.... they weigh like 5 lbs. I promise, I'm fine. I carry more weight on my ass & mid-section on a daily basis.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, let's to the ol' survey:


How far along? 23 weeks
How big is baby?: Still the size of a papaya & weighing a little over a pound
Weight gain?: As of this morning, I weighed .5lbs more than last week. I'm hoping I can keep the weight gain at this pace.
Stretch Marks?: Negative
Maternity Clothes?: All bottoms, some shirts & regular sizes in dresses
Sleep?: Getting more & more difficult. I just can't seem to shut my mind off at night.
Best moment this week?: Probably Mother's Day. It was just a really good day.
Food Cravings?: This week, it has been eggs & french toast. What the hell?
Gender?: Girl!!
Movement?: All the freaking time. She is the sassiest thing. I swear she never sleeps. I worry if I don't feel her every few hours, even though I know that's silly.
What I miss?: My skinny face ::pouts:: oh & BEER. I sound like such an alcoholic.
Belly Button?: Flat & making its way out.
Labor Signs?: I hate adding this question back in, but since I've been getting Braxton Hicks, then I guess this somewhat applies. Besides that, none.
What I'm looking forward to?: Reaching 24 wks!
Milestone?: hmm.... ordering the bedding??

If I'm being honest, I don't think I look any bigger since
about 21wks. But that's just me.

I AM SO SICK OF WEARING
WINTER CLOTHES.

18 comments:

  1. Your belly is so dang cute! I still think we're look very similar! Girl baby BFF's, YES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful, I love that shirt! Yeah chug the water and prop up your feet and relax, that should knock out those contractions :) The bedding is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute, your bump is adorable!! Hoping for warm weather for you soon so you can ditch the winter clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! and what adorable bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveeee that bedding, the nursery is soo exciting as it comes together : ) Hope those braxton hicks go away...think we are all the same with the movement thing, I have a dancing queen inside me and then today shes gone quiet and I have got all worried when I am sure she is just having a lazy day like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laur LOVE LOVE LOVE the bedding! Hopefully you have it by the time we have our pizza night! Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the bedding! You look adorable, btw I love the hair :) Hope the bh stop for you, those suck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bedding is beautiful! and you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha girl, you are to funny! You do not carry much anything on your rear end! Your belly is adorable and so is the bedding! I love it! I know the feeling about Winter clothes and being pregnant. I will NEVER (hope to never) be preggo during the winter months again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that bedding!
    I think you look great, I think your face is still really skinny too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that bedding its so cute!!! And p.s you look adorable and I agree not much change since 21 weeks but cute as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great, and I can't wait to see the nursery when you guys finish with it! :) By the way, stop by my blog to enter in a baby/kid related giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bedding, and you look beautiful. I do think your bump is more round and out there!
    So cute...
    As far as the bh's, I had them for 4 months before I had Cooper. It was fine, just uncomfortable. But I don't know if it made any difference but my delivery was a piece of cake and I was already dilated to a 3 when they induced me (possibly from all the contractions I had been having for months). Maybe you'll be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love the bedding! It will look amazing with the magnetic wall decals. I am also sooo sick of wearing winter clothes, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the bedding! My daughter's room is a birdy theme too...its so sweet and delicate, but not charactery. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So freakin cute. It is a smidge possible that I may have bump envy. ;) Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that bedding!!! Oh, and you look so damn cute as usual. Derrr ;)

    ReplyDelete