Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 16, 2010

$60.00

That's how much I have spent on Christmas this year for my husband & our families.

Call me cheap, call me mean, call me whatever you want; but we are doing a small scale Christmas. Times are tough & honestly? I don't think things tell a person how much they are loved. And I know our families will understand that. We did get Claire a jumperoo & a few little toys, but that's all. A couple of pictures in frames for families & that's that!

So today, I did all of my Christmas shopping at Kohl's, The Dollar Tree, Walgreens & Target.
The Dollar Tree is my new Bff. Did you know you could buy brand name dish soap & carpet cleaner there??! I didn't! HA!

Even though we aren't going all out this year because of money,this is the first time in a long time that I feel richer than ever. Not money wise, of course; but the fact that I feel like my heart & soul are fuller than ever before. Now that Claire is here & she's healthy, honestly what more could I ask for? Sure, a new pair of boots would be nice. But I sure as hell don't need them to make me any more happy than I am now.

Since we are going to St. Louis on Wednesday, hubby, Claire & I are celebrating Christmas on Saturday. I'm so excited for Claire's first Christmas!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Hey, you handled Christmas the SMART way. I originally was going to go above and beyond for my daughter who's only 1 until the hubby stopped me and snapped me into reality. Our little girls are too young to even care about haves and have nots! Why go broke, and start the new year in a bind when you can get a few things here and there for your loved ones and not have to look inside of your empty wallet and regret it later.

    Claire will enjoy it either way!!! take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're being cheap, I think you are being SMART!!!! Personally, I never understood why people tried to go broke during Christmas.

    The $ Tree rocks! I buy everything I can from there that is namebrand. Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Christmas to me. We are also not buying a lot this year. Money is tight. On a side note. We live in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! :) I think pictures are the perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am jealous of your smart shopping skills! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

    The picture at the top is THE cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm at the dollar tree pretty much every day!! Little things for the kitchen, dish soap {don't get their brand though- it comes with more but it doesn't work as good!}, candy, plates, little decorations, they have cute containers for baked goods for christmas, etc etc! I'm sure your sweet little girl is the perfect Christmas gift for them anyways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing to be ashamed of! we totally skimped this year too. i love the dollar tree! i'm so glad you "discovered" it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the Dollar Tree!!! I buy tons of stuff there!! It is great for parties too...I refuse to buy paper products anywhere else

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in no way shape o form being cheap or mean.......Christmas isn't about the gifts it is about the giving of love, peace & joy........corney I know but so true!!

    Enjoy your first Christmas with your little girl!!

    ReplyDelete