Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

32 Week Appointment/Update

I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon for my 32 week appointment. Everything went really well!

According to their scale, I'm up 2 more pounds since my 28 week appointment. Which is good. That let's me know that Gestational Diabetes is my bitch & not the other way around. I've got a good handle on it, which is great!

I ended up getting an ultrasound also because when you have Gestational Diabetes, they like to keep very close tabs on how the baby is growing/measuring. So, I got to see baby girl and... SHE HAS HAIR! Oh my gosh, it was the cutest thing when the doctor pointed to those little wispy hairs on the screen! I'm guessing it's pure white fuzzy hair. Oh I can't wait to see her!!

She's measuring exactly 32 weeks 3 days, she's still head down & everything with her looks great. PRAISE GOD!

I also voiced my concern to my doctor about PPD. I told him I had been feeling so down lately & was nervous that I would develop PPD after Claire is here, since it does run in my family. He told me he would definitely keep me on Lexapro & also add a type of hormone supplement to balance of the crazy hormones out. Both of which are safe to take while breast feeding. Again, PRAISE GOD! I was so nervous I wouldn't be able to breast feed because of the Lexapro & am so relieved that,that won't be a problem.

So, I just wanted to update everyone on how my appointment went :)

Have a great Tuesday!!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great appointment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Do you have a picture of her hair?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I knew it would all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, that is great news! And so cool about the hair...she will be sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear that your doc and you spoke about the ppd. Its nice to know they are already gearing up to make things as perfect as possible for you.

    And how exciting that the baby has hair. I bet she is just going to be such a beautiful little love muffin :)
    I can't wait to see her.

    I'm glad you girls are doing good. Oh and the gestational diabetes is your bitch. LOVED that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had an awesome appt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad your appointment went well!!

    ReplyDelete