Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 23, 2010

34 Weeks

Well, I am 34 weeks & the reality of having this baby soon is setting in.

I feel so unprepared. We really have nothing ready for her. Since we are in the midst of buying a new house (YAY), there is not a whole lot we can do to prepare her nursery. If you remember, we painted her nursery & set up her crib & bedding back when I was 24ish weeks & we weren't even considering moving back then. But, a lot can change in a matter of weeks & well, now we are moving. So, everything for Claire's room has been put on pause. I'm freaking out a little considering we won't be moving in until probably the middle/end of next month. That should be interesting!

I would like to mention that after living in our house for 2 years, we JUST found out last night that there is a registered SEX OFFENDER that lives right next door to us!!! His conviction is Enticing of a Minor. Funny how we live RIGHT across the street from a High School...We had searched sex offenders in our area a while back & nothing came up, but sure enough; there's one living 5 feet away from us. That right there is reason enough to be moving before we have this baby! SO GROSS.

How far along?: 34 weeks!
How big is baby?: If I remember from my books, I think she's almost 5lbs! What a big girl!
Weight gain?: Um... I've gained 3 pounds in the last week. 3 POUNDS! I blame it on the fact that I have discovered I can have McDonald's & Chick-fil-a without my blood sugar going through thr roof. I have literally had McDonald's everyday this week for breakfast & Chick-fil-a for lunch...ya, that'll pack on the pounds.

Stretch marks?: I have discovered what appears to be a few little ones on my left love handle. They look like pink squiggly lines. Oh well. They aren't that obvious.
Maternity clothes?: I live in non-maternity dresses & loose tops
Sleep?: AWFUL. Between the achy hips, pelvis & peeing every hour, I don't sleep much.

Best moment this week?: How about the worst moment? I've had a few of those. This week was emotionally wearing. But I'm over it. Something positive that has come out of these negative events is that I know my husband has my back & supports me no matter what. I just love that.
Food cravings?: Turkey & provolone sammiches
Gender?: baby girl!
Movement?: Yes. Between her teeny feets in my ribs & having the hiccups multiple times a day, she's constantly up to something. The fact that her feet are all up in my ribs is a sure sign she's still pretty high up there. START DROPPING, BABY.

Belly button?: Just plain weird looking. It's not sure what it wants to be
What I miss?: At this point, too many things to name.
Labor signs?: Just BH contractions ALL. THE. TIME. They're getting more painful.
What I'm looking forward to?: Reaching full term

Milestone?: How about I have 42 days left?!?


See, she's still sitting high & mighty in that belly!

11 comments:

  1. Looking fabulous!! I am sure it is stressful not having everything together for baby girl, but she won't know the difference ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there!!! It will be here before you know it. I cannot believe you are moving, I would be a wreck. I do not know how people do that! I hate moving, let alone while being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making it 34 weeks!!

    I remember around that time I was pretty sure we didn't have anything for her, but in reality all they need is their parents, a place to sleep, food and diapers. Everything else has a way of falling into place, just know that even though you may want a bunch of stuff for her and have everything organized, she will be fine without all the extras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute! I love that belly...and yeah...my weight gain is ridiculous right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you planning on Claire sleeping in her room from day 1, or will she be in yours? I was in a panic about getting everything in the room COMPLETELY ready. Yeah, she has slept in her room for maybe 2 naps. Its nice to have everything in one place, but don't stress. It will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Niki is 100% right. Baby Clair could careless about a cutesy room...all she needs is a diaper on her bottom, clothes on her back, her mommy and daddys loving arms, food, and a place to lay down and sleep. Everything else, honestly, is for mommy. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost there! Don't worry yourself, babies don't need much at first and you will get everything you need eventually! She'll be happy to snuggle and drink some milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking good momma! ahem, wanna share where you bought that fab skirt style guru?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I swear I stop reading for a few weeks and BAM! Its almost go time! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic! That baby will be here before you know it :)
    Good thing you're moving out of that house. That makes me want to check OUR neighborhood (not that our baby will be spending any more than six months there... but STILL.) *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get teary every time I see a new belly pic. I wish I could be there for you!

    ReplyDelete