Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 26, 2010

I got all crafty this weekend

We had an extremely laid back weekend. Like, we didn't do anything but eat & veg on the couch. My husband likes to call this ultimate relaxation & if he could do it every weekend, he would. By Sunday, I called it ultimate boredom. I cleaned & did laundry & when that was done, I was so ready to get out & do something! So my sister & I decided we wanted to make something for Claire's nursery.

We did a little Googleing & I had an idea to buy blank 8 x 8 canvases & paint them. Since the theme of her room is birdies, it was only appropriate that we paint birdies on the canvases, durr. Butttt... sis & I aren't the most crafty/artistic people in the world, so we hopped on Etsy & found some inspiration & ideas of what we wanted the paintings to look like.

A trip to Michael's & a couple of hours later, we came out with these as the finished product:


Pretty cute, no? I painted the one on the left & my sister did the one on the right. My birdie is standing on a mushroom & sort of looks like a fish the way that I drew its beak, but hopefully Claire will appreciate them :)

One canvas on Esty would have run me $30-$40 plus shipping. But we made these for $29.50. It would have been less, but I forgot my coupon. Hmph.

19 comments:

  1. So adorable!! I wish I could paint that well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, those are ADORABLE.. not that i am completely shocked by your craftiness.. but truly?! those look store-bought!! and SO freaking cute!!! love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. y'all did an awesome job! too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out AWESOME. It does not look DIY at all!! Claire will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I think Claire will love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love them. Note to self: Must make time for a DIY project soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! What paint did u use on the canvas? I'd love to try something for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! And extra special because they were made with love by Mommy and Auntie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable!!! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO creative!
    Maybe you should start your own Etsy shop? :)

    ReplyDelete